21 October 2013

Kimchiguk (Kimchi Soup)


Three weeks staying in Qatar, Doha was not sufficient for me to comment anything about their food. But I had tried my best to explore the whole city and what I can say is, city of Doha is in a super fast pace of developing. Well, there is not many Asian from Malaysia or Singapore, so they are lacking when come to Asian Groceries Shop... I still can't find any! May be, until I move there by end of the year, I can tell you more about the city. Every times when come to change no one like it, especially me. There are many mental hurdles which we need to push away to move forward. Are you brave enough? We are fearless when we know God has placed us where we should be.

I bought this 日本木炉 Japanese Hot pot to cook this Korean Kimchi Soup or Kimchiguk. The cast iron pot on top is so lovely, does it has a feel like eating in the Korean restaurant? ^_^ The pair of silver chopstick and spoon was a gift from friend.  


This round I'm using thinly sliced pork in the soup, you can use beef as well. If you have homemade kimchi is the best, if not just go for store bought one will do the job also. If you like super spicy food, add two heaps spoonful of gochujang paste! It is so yummy to go with warm rice!  I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up as the theme for this month is Soy Beans.





Ingredients:
200g chopped kimchi
1 stalk of spring onion, cut into shorter length
1 heap tbsp of gochujang paste
1/2 box of tofu, cut into medium size cubes
1/4 quarter of white onion, thinly sliced
100g of pork, thinly sliced (use the one with some fat is the best)
200ml water

Method:
1. Add chopped kimchi, onion, gochujang paste and water into the cast iron pot, place the pot on heat. When the water start boiling, add the meat, tofu and spring onion. Let it boiled for another 3 mins or until the meat is cooked.





This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake.

12 comments:

  1. 感觉好开胃呢
    希望现在就来一碗白饭

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kim chi soup sounds so good! I would love to have it with lots of rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love kimchi soup... always so appetizing... nice dish for a cold autumn day for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 这个小木炉真的好可爱,好上镜哦!

    改变是人生的必修课,经历过改变,人生更完美,
    加油哦!我在远远的地方支持你。

    ReplyDelete
  5. 这也许就是生活。付出得更多,将来过的一定会更精彩、更有意义的。加油哦!我默默祝福你。支持你的。


    这道韩菜真的叫人流口水也。小锅子很好看。li ke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Japanese hot pot, it looks so nice. Seeing your delicious kimchi soup has given me the urge to cook some too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tze, I love kimchi soup and yours looks so delicious, exactly like the one we had at the Korean restuarant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I am going so hungry just looking at this kimchi soup of yours~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tze,

    Welcome back! I'm having a mini-break now from cooking and baking to rest my legs after my marathon running :p

    Maybe living in Qatar for more than 3 weeks, you will explore the city further with more exotic recipes and ingredients. Your family must be relieved that you are good cook / baker... Good that you can always cook or bake Asian foods to curb their craving for Asian food.

    Your kimchi soup looks good. It looks very Korean presented in your pot :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. that pot indeed makes it very ' korean' or ' japanese' feel...your pic tells it all, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Kimchiguk looks really delicious as my mom cooked.
    The ingredients are perfect we Korean use.
    Only I can tell you we call that " KimChi-ChiGae" = 김치찌개 , it is less broth.
    "KimChi-Guk" = 김치국 is more broth and less ingredients.
    I love your photo, the Japanese black iron hotpot with red colors ingredients are beautiful harmony.
    Your food of photo makes me and my husband to hungry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!