31 May 2013

Cranberry Almond Sticks


There is a funny story on this cookies cookbook that I want to share with you. Before I moved to Australia, I went for a cookbooks shopping trip to buy some Chinese version cookbooks from Popular bookshop, that day my son was with me. He picked up this book on 每天都是饼干日。175 人气手工饼干的创意魔法。安星美著。(Everyday is a cookies day, 175 creative magic cookies) and told me this is his book! He wants it! ....OMG! The cookies pictures are too tempting! Initially, I thought he will forget about the book after spending time browsing around the bookshop but I was wrong! He insisted and we have to buy the book ...story didn't end here, he wants the book to be ON his bookshelves and not on mine one :( 

Every time when I look at this book, I'll remember this story and really this is the energy to keep us going and this is the magic for us to be creative everyday. I didn't use ruler to measure and cut out the cookies as neat as in the book, but who care? Using bare hands and with a knife work the same wonder!

Cranberry Almond Sticks, a recipe which I strongly recommend for your little one, is crunchy, is flavourful and is healthy.  




Recipe from  每天都是饼干日。175 人气手工饼干的创意魔法。安星美著 p.115

Ingredients:
110g cake flour
30g almond meal
60g fine sugar
0.5g salt
1/2 egg
60g unsalted butter
3g vanilla essence
40g cranberries
30g almond flakes

Methods:
1.Bake the almond flakes in oven at 150C for 10 mins. Chop the cranberries into rough pieces. 
2. Using hand whisk, cream the soften butter, then add in sugar and salt. Whisk until creamy.
3. Add egg in two batches, mix well then add vanilla essence. 
4. Sieve in flour and almond meal, mix well to form a dough.
5. Add in cranberries and baked almond flakes, mix well.
6. Roll the dough between the cling wrap into a thin rectangle, with some thickness. Place the dough into freeze for about 1 hour to make it harden a bit and more workable.
7. Use knife to cut out the shape of the cookies. Place the cut cookies dough on to baking paper, and bake at 175C for 12 mins. 



14 comments:

  1. I like use cranberries to made cookies or cake, taste sweet and bit sour....sure yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tze,I can imagine the taste of this cookie, almond and cranberry ... Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. 美丽又好吃的饼干!
    我相信这饼干在烤箱里时,家里一定充满了香味。。

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious...I think I have all ingredients on hand, can make this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sticks! Your son is so cute! I think he likes the delicious pictures in the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute story. PRecious Moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your story and your son makes me smile :)

    Gorgeous bake too and I love cranberries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha...your son so cute!
    I saw this book too and still thinking whether to get it or not :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tze, my first time here. Your have a lovely blog with lots of great recipe that I like.
    Nice to know you, I am your follower now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like cranberry in cookies too...tze..sooner your son is going to bookmark the pictures in the book and ask you to bake for him :) have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tse, almond and cranberry are my favourite! I can just munch them anytime when I feel like it. Sure sure to bookmark this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ka cha ,ka cha的声音吧!嘻嘻嘻~ 喜欢!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tze, looks like your son has a very good taste leh, very special recipe, never see it from anywhere before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!