26 March 2013

Discovery


I started to like shopping here because there are lot of unfamiliar ingredients for me to explore, discover and learn how to use them. Last two weeks, I went to Melbourne CBD, Dockland. At Costco, I found out they are selling many types of salt!! not the usual white and sea salt but many more. One of the salt I bought is Himalayan Pink Salt as in the photo. Interesting right? :) Is light pink in colour and I'm going to find ways of using it. 




I've planned to make more kuehs from various recipes but one of the obstacle is to locate ingredients which I need. For instance, I still have no idea where can I get fresh shredded coconut in Melbourne. But I found out some Asian Groceries Shops sell Frozen shredded coconut. I got this pack from Glen Waverley. It does has expiry date.




I got the above Moist Flakes Coconut from Coles, no doubt it mentioned moist on the pack but the coconut texture appeared too dry for me. 

9 comments:

  1. 慢慢熟悉新环境,也是一种不错的体验。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 是的 Eileen. 但我儿子一直想回去新加坡 :(

      Delete
  2. 这个粉红色的盐,我在这常用,不过是细幼的。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cass, really?! This is my first time seeing himalayan pink salt. Where u can buy it at Singapore?

      Delete
  3. Hi ah Tze,

    Nice to know that you have found all these interesting ingredients :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pink salt you got is best with fruits like apple n guava. we also use it for salads it is particularly delicious with long cool wedges of cucumber. if you eat curd then it can be added to curd also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here is a link to the salt I am talking about (just to be sure if we both are talking bout the same thing) . we call is black salt cause in rock shape its dark colored but when crushed its light pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Himalayan pink salt is one of my favorite. I use it all the time as it contains more mineral than kosher/table salt. The pink color is from the mineral. :) You can pretty much use it like regular salt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!
Please be nice and no SPAM here!